MGI USA to Present New Value-Added Solutions at Graphics of the Americas
MELBOURNE, FL—January 28, 2009—MGI USA, the multi-substrate (paper, plastic and envelopes) digital press and finishing solution manufacturer, will premiere the new DF360 5-in-1 multi-function paper finishing unit at Graphics of the Americas, held February 25-27, 2010, in Miami Beach, FL (booth #824). In addition to the DF360, MGI will also present their flagship multi-substrate digital press, the Meteor DP60 Pro, as well as new capabilities for the JETvarnish® digital inkjet spot UV coater.
DF360: multi-function finishing in just one pass
The DF360 is MGI’s latest generation of multi-function paper finishing equipment designed to complement both digital and offset presses. In-line & automated standard functions include:
• duplex lamination (options include matte, satin or glossy finish; no lamination; or multiple finishes – i.e. matte on one side, satin on other)
• cutting (horizontal & vertical)
• double-cut (automatic trimming – i.e. to document bleed specifications)
• creasing (horizontal and vertical)
With the addition of a lamination function, the DF360 is the first offline unit to bring these common finishing techniques together, performed in just one pass. It can accommodate sheet widths up to 360 mm or 14” and lengths up to 740 mm or 29”, making it ideal for a multitude of applications such as book covers (including flaps), brochures, tickets, business cards, photo books, invitations (with tear-off response card), menus, and many more.
The DF360 features MGI’s exclusive air feed system and double feed detection sensor, found in other members of MGI’s line of digital printing and finishing solutions, as well as a user-friendly interface that allows for the creation and easy retrieval of project templates.
MGI’s award-winning JETvarnish digital inkjet spot UV coater features several new developments for 2010:
• New left and right guides allow for alignment to offset gripper marks on either side of the sheet, resulting in the most precise registration.