MGI Presents Its New Digital Toner and Inkjet Portfolio at drupa
DUSSELDORF, GERMANY—May 9, 2012—MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the French manufacturer of digital printing and finishing solutions, has announced its full lineup of drupa product premieres, which includes a broad range of new toner and inkjet digital production devices.
MGI’s drupa presentation includes two products previously announced prior to the show:
• AlphaJET B2 sheetfed inkjet press, presented in a technology preview with commercial availability scheduled for mid to late 2013. With speeds up to 3,000 20×29˝ sheets per hour, the AlphaJET utilizes MGI’s award-winning inkjet technology to print in up to six UV colors in 1,200×1,200 dpi and offers inline spot or flood UV coating, on substrates up to 500 gsm.
• JETvarnish 3D digital spot UV coater, which takes spot UV coating to a new level. Offering beautiful spot embossing capabilities, the JETvarnish 3D is ideal for producing textured and raised effects on digital or offset prints up to 20×29˝. For users interested in higher volume spot UV coating without the raised effects, the JETvarnish 3D provides this feature at speeds up to 3,000 20×29˝ sheets per hour.
NEW JETvarnish 3D features announced at drupa include:
• 3D embossing directly on to digital prints (including MGI’s Meteor series), as well as inkjet and offset– no lamination or coating required
• New camera system ensuring precise registration to printed pages
The JETvarnish 3D is available for order immediately with installation beginning in fall 2012.
In addition to the AlphaJET and JETvarnish 3D, MGI is presenting the following new product premieres at drupa:
• Meteor DP8700 S—now featured alongside the Meteor DP8700 XL in MGI’s flagship series of dry toner digital presses, the Meteor DP8700 S offers entry-level users the power of digital production for short runs of paper, envelopes and synthetic (such as Teslin) with variable data/personalization, at an affordable price point and with no click charge, and with speeds up to 4, 260 A4/letter pages per hour and stunning 3,600 dpi/270 lpi print resolutions. The Meteor DP8700 S is now commercially available.