MGI to Present Its Full Digital Printing and Finishing Portfolio #OnDemand
MELBOURNE, FL—March 26, 2010—MGI USA, the digital press and finishing solutions manufacturer, will present a comprehensive portfolio at ON DEMAND, held April 20-22 in Philadelphia, PA (booth 413), in conjunction with two of their regional distribution partners, Alpha Imaging Technologies and GE Richards.
MGI’s presentation will include solutions ideally suited for a multitude of industry segments, including commercial printers, in-plants, book printers, plastic card manufacturers, package printers and many others. Highlights will include the award-winning Meteor DP60 Pro® multi-substrate (paper, plastics & envelopes) color digital press and JETvarnish® digital inkjet spot UV coater, plus the new DF360® multi-function paper finishing unit and UVarnish® offline flood UV coater.
Meteor DP60 Pro multi-substrate digital press
The flagship in MGI’s digital line, the Meteor DP60 Pro is easily the most versatile digital press in the graphics industry, receiving consecutive Must See ‘em recognition at GRAPH EXPO 2008 and PRINT 09, and the solution of choice for more 300 graphics professionals worldwide over the last 12 months.
Key features include:
• Compatible substrates including paper, plastics/synthetics (including specialty substrates such as canvas) and envelopes, up to 350 gsm/130 lb Cover/14 mil for paper and up to 400 microns /16 mil for plastics
• Super Format print capabilities accommodate up to 13 x 40” / 330 x 1020 mm sheets in production (up to 47” long in manual mode), the largest cut sheet size among professional digital presses.
• Laser-safe prints, ideal for letterhead, envelopes and other applications previously only produced via offset
• No click charge and an economical total cost of operation
• Fogra® certification (ISO 12647-7)
• High level print quality and registration (offset comparable)
• Full Variable Data capabilities
JETvarnish digital inkjet spot UV coater
MGI’s award-winning JETvarnish features several new developments for 2010:
• New left and right guides allow for alignment to offset gripper marks on either side of the sheet, resulting in the most precise registration