MGI to Launch JETcard Inkjet Card Factory at Cards Asia
IVRY SUR SEINE, FRANCE—March 8, 2011—MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the digital press and finishing solutions manufacturer, announced that the worldwide launch of the JETcard inkjet card factory will take place at Cards Asia (booth 4F01), to be held in Singapore on April 13-15, 2011.
Utilizing MGI’s award-winning and revolutionary inkjet technology, the JETcard provides card manufacturers with an all-inclusive printing solution. The JETcard utilizes blank cards (with smart chip, magnetic stripe or RFID) and is ideal for turnkey production from 1 card to millions, all ready to be sold (fully printed, personalized, coated, encoded and verified).
The JETcard is ideal for card manufacturers as well as commercial printers, maximizing productivity for high volume applications while still remaining cost-effective for short runs. In the JETcard, MGI presents a digital solution that is not only less expensive than offset, even on runs in excess of 500,000 cards, but is also faster than offset, resulting in a drastic cost-per-card savings.
In 2010, the JETcard was awarded the prestigious Siemens Innovation Grand Prix in recognition of MGI’s R&D achievement.
From an individual blank ISO CR-80 card, the JETcard performs the following processes in just one pass:
• Pre-print coating to ensure a full compatibility with the substrates available on the market (PVC, ABS, etc.)
• Inkjet printing in 4+2 UV colors, including micro text and guilloché patterns
• Full variable data printing including text, barcodes & images
• Spot UV coating or flood UV coating for card protection
• Security inks revealed only under a black light
• Signature panel printing
• Read & write on the embedded magnetic stripes
• Choice between flat or textured background
• Automated quality controls and ejection into a rejection bin of the defective cards