Metrix to Demonstrate Metrix 2012.0 at GRAPH EXPO 2012
SEATTLE—September 24, 2012—Metrix Software, developer of Metrix, the intelligent, automated job planning and imposition system, announced today that their upcoming release, Metrix 2012.0, will be demonstrated live at booth #644 at the GRAPH EXPO show in Chicago, October 7-10, 2012.
Integrated Adobe Preview
Metrix is known for its ability to identify issues and potential problems much earlier in the production cycle, and the new Metrix Content Previews module enhances that facility even more. Now, planners and CSRs will be able to identify content issues like missing bleeds or ink coverage conflicts on gang runs—as soon as PDF content is assigned—even before the project hits the prepress department.
“Many of our users have requested preview functionality, and we are pleased to have integrated and delivered the best preview engine the industry has to offer,” said Rohan Holt, president and CEO of Metrix Software. “Though a substantial number of Metrix manufacturing facilities currently assign content later on in the production cycle, the value of seeing content previews may provide an impetus for them to move content assignment upstream…Metrix has always been designed to enhance flexibility in manufacturing decisions, and the Metrix Content Previews module is no exception. The new module will enable users to discover and fix problems and potential problems earlier in the production cycle, improving efficiency and throughput.”
The Company Revealed Two Show Specials for GRAPH EXPO:
- Customers who purchase Metrix at the show, or who purchase a version upgrade, will receive the new Content Previews module at no additional charge.
- Customers with older versions of Metrix (version 1, 2, or 3) who purchase an upgrade to the latest version of Metrix, will receive a 40 percent discount and will receive the new Content Previews module at no additional charge.
New Productivity Features:
Metrix 2012.0 also includes the following important developments:
- Ability to assign PDF content via drag-n-drop into Metrix interface directly;
- Support for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion);
- Greatly expanded CSV import capabilities – now includes all three product types: Folded, Bound, and Flat. Metrix CSV import accommodates simplified data from any and all homegrown databases, MIS systems, Web-to-print interfaces, etc.;
- Improved Cross Platform Support for linked content;
- Enhanced shingling capabilities (anamorphic page scaling and trim mark handling options);
- N-Up Folding capabilities (for customers with the N-Up Binding module);
- Improved integration with the Rampage prepress workflow;
- Improved integration with Esko prepress workflows;
- Improved ease of use in Metrix User Interface.
If you’d like more information about this topic, or if you’d like to arrange an interview with Rohan Holt, please call Davo Laninga.
About Metrix Software
Metrix Software is a privately held company founded in 2003 by Rohan Holt. Holt invented the first production planning software for the sheetfed market in 1995, and Metrix, Metrix Software’s flagship product, is the culmination of Holt’s years of print production experience and accumulated software design expertise. Metrix, launched in 2004, received the prestigious 2005 PIA/GATF InterTech Technology Award, recognized industry-wide as a symbol of technological innovation and excellence. With offices in Edmonds, Washington, Turnhout, Belgium, and south of Sydney, Australia, Metrix Software is a software company focused on providing key tools and technologies to enable print workflow automation. Metrix Software is a full member of the CIP4 Organization.