Messe Düsseldorf to Organize New Trade Fair for Publishing-Printing Industry
DÜSSELDORF, GERMANY—02/21/10—The premiere staging of digi:media 2011, the trade fair for commercial publishing & digital printing, will take place from April 7-9, 2011 at the fairgrounds in Düsseldorf, Germany. Organized by Messe Düsseldorf, this new trade fair is designed as a platform for print-based, networked communication and will cover all segments of the value chain. Messe Düsseldorf is renowned as the organizer of drupa, the world’s leading international trade fair for the printing industry. The motto of digi:media 2011 will be “Content meets Technology meets Business”.
“Information technology–and with it digital printing technology–has brought about completely new products and applications, thereby opening up new target groups for print communication. What’s more: digital printing combines digital communication, online-marketing and CRM. This is the market we want to address with digi:media and provide it with a strong exhibition platform,” explained Manuel Mataré, Project Director of digi:media 2011.
digi:media is planned as an annual event starting in 2011, will be an integral part of drupa in 2012 (May 3 – 16) and as of 2013 (April 11 – 13) will be held again as a separate event.
In order to provide transparency and improved orientation, the products on display at digi:media 2011 will be divided into nine “theme worlds” according to the process chain, such as:
1. Content (Creative Content, Contentpools, Syndications, CP-Publishers and Image Databases);
2. IT-Solutions (Network Solutions, Server Solutions);
3. Workflow (Editing Systems, CRM Systems, Archiving, Security);
4. Electronic Media (Manufacturers of Media, Hard and Software);
5. Consumables (Inks, Printing Substrates);
6. Digital Printing – Commercial Print Systems;
7. Digital Printing – Packaging;
8. Post-Print Processing (Binding Machines, Collators, Embossing, Die Cutting);
9. Making-Up (Post Delivery, Post Processing, Document Services, Logistics).