MarquipWardUnited Forms BW Papersystems From Acquisition of E.C.H. Will, Pemco, Kugler-WomakoJune 3, 2014
PHILLIPS, WI—June 3, 2014—MarquipWardUnited Inc., a Barry-Wehmiller company, has completed the acquisition of the operations of Körber AG’s Papersystems companies: E.C.H. Will GmbH, Pemco Inc. and Kugler-Womako GmbH. The companies become part of the newly-formed BW Papersystems, now the leading global supplier of sheeting and sheet packaging machinery, with solutions for the widest range of applications for the paper converting, manufacturing and packaging industries.
BW Papersystems employs nearly 1,500 team members worldwide and is expected to generate revenue in excess of $370 million in FY 2014. “With almost $100M in revenue, 250,000 square feet of additional capacity and over 340 new associates, the acquisition of the Körber Papersystems businesses opens up a whole new beginning for our organization,” said Tim Sullivan, Barry-Wehmiller Group president. “We look forward to the exciting opportunities our new platform creates for our customers, suppliers and all of our team members worldwide. We are thrilled to partner with the great people from E.C.H. Will, Pemco and Kugler-Womako and we welcome them with open arms into the Barry-Wehmiller family.”
As the frontrunner in technology for cut-size, folio-size and digital-size sheeting and sheet packaging, BW Papersystems offers innovative solutions for the most complex mill to the smallest converter. In addition, the new platform assumes the market leading position in the production of machines for the manufacture of passports and adds machines for stationery manufacturers and bookbinders to its portfolio. Additionally, MarquipWardUnited’s corrugating and finishing lines are part of the comprehensive BW Papersystems product offerings.
As part of the integration, E.C.H. Will and Pemco have been rebranded as Will-Pemco, to optimize coordination and the synergy that exists between the two businesses. The combined Will-Pemco entity assures seamless delivery and enhanced service levels.
BW Papersystems now incorporates five of the strongest brands in the industry: Will-Pemco, MarquipWardUnited, SHM, Wrapmatic and Kugler Womako. Market leading technology is available for folio, cut size and digital sheeting and packaging, plus stationery, passport production and specialized paper converting applications. For the corrugating industry, customers can continue to rely on the well-known brands MarquipWardUnited, Curioni and VortX. With manufacturing plants in the United States and Europe, parts and service centers in the USA, Germany, Mexico, Brazil, Singapore and Shanghai, plus the largest global team of aftermarket parts and field service professionals in the industry, both new and existing customers will benefit from more comprehensive support and service.
Steve Brimble, vice president global sheeter sales, at BW Papersystems, is excited about the company’s future, saying: “When we put all these brands onto one page for the first time, everyone immediately recognized the strength of the combined companies and the benefit for our customers. We see a great opportunity in both the technologies and solutions on offer now and in the potential for future product and service development. There is clearly hard work ahead of us, but the amazing people in this new group are excited to create something truly exceptional by working together with the spirit of truly human leadership, the bedrock of Barry-Wehmiller Group.”
About BW Papersystems
As one of the largest global suppliers of advanced corrugating, sheeting and finishing machinery, BW Papersystems has achieved international success through a combination of technical innovation and superb reliability. With more than a century of experience, BW Papersystems has become a leading manufacturer of high-speed equipment—including sheeters, splicers, slitter/scorers, direct drive knives, rotary die cutters and flexo folder gluers—for the folded carton, corrugated box and paper converting industries worldwide.
Barry-Wehmiller Cos. is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology solutions in packaging, corrugating and paper converting across a broad spectrum of industries.
Barry-Wehmiller’s balanced approach to the market is made possible through 10 interactive divisions:
- Accraply Inc., a leading manufacturer of automatic labeling and label converting and finishing systems.
- Arcil SA, a leading manufacturer of Form-Fill-Seal (FFS) technology for the fresh dairy and food industry.
- Barry-Wehmiller Design Group, a premier supplier of manufacturing automation, facility design, and other engineering consulting services.
- Barry-Wehmiller International Resources (BWIR), a global provider of business and technology solutions to the mid-market manufacturing domain.
- BW Papersystems, a leading manufacturer of equipment for the sheeting, corrugated and folded carton industries.
- FleetwoodGoldcoWyard Inc., a leading producer and supplier of automated can end and product handling equipment, advanced conveyance technology, palletizers, depalletizers, and process equipment.
- HayssenSandiacre, a form/fill/seal technologies and services leader for more than 100 years.
- Paper Converting Machine (PCMC), providing high-performance converting machinery for the global tissue, nonwovens, package printing, and envelope manufacturing industries.
- PneumaticScaleAngelus, a global provider for filling, capping, can seaming, labeling, centrifugation, orienter and wet case detectors.
- Thiele Technologies, a leading producer of placing, feeding, bagging, cartoning, case packing, robotic, premade bag and pouch, and palletizing equipment.
In fiscal year 2013, Barry-Wehmiller leveraged a strategic combination of organic and acquisition growth to achieve revenues surpassing $1.6 billion. Barry-Wehmiller now employs over 8,000 team members in more than 100 locations worldwide.