Konica Minolta to Unveil a B2 Cut-Sheet Inkjet Press at drupaApril 23, 2012
As digitalization evolves in the commercial printing market, Konica Minolta IJ has developed a highly stable and reliable professional-use inkjet press that applies Konica Minolta IJ’s advanced inkjet technology and Komori Corp.’s paper transportation technology based on the reputation of its offset press technology.
At the upcoming drupa 2012, Konica Minolta IJ will unveil the KM-1 in its booth to run live demonstrations and show various printing samples.
Highlights of KM-1 B2 cut-sheet inkjet press
• KM-1 applies Konica Minolta original newly developed high-performance printhead, UV ink and unique printing process.
• With Komori’s paper transportation technology, KM-1 allows productivity of 3300SHP (simplex) and 1650SPH (duplex) at print resolution of 1,200dpi x 1,200dpi achieving outstanding image quality compatible to offset prints.
• Thanks to UV ink, KM-1 can print to regular offset paper such as coated paper, non-coated paper, and art paper without special treatment before and after printing.
• Also UV ink is cured instantly by UV LED set in KM-1, so printed papers are ready to send to finishing process immediately after printing, which contributes to shortening the overall production time.
• KM-1 provides superb consistency such as paper feeding registration accuracy, image quality that is constant for batch to batch, and repeatability both job-over-job and day-over-day, thereby meeting essential requirements for commercial printers.
• Easy operation, Easy maintenance
About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta IJ Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of Konica Minolta Holdings, is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, and is a leading supplier in the industrial inkjet market. We are developing compact and high-performance inkjet print heads, high-value added inks, complete inkjet print units and textile inkjet printers including peripheral equipment.
Source: Konica Minolta.