Kodak to Unveil 10 New Digital Printing, Workflow Solutions at drupa 2012March 6, 2012
“The industry has undergone dramatic change since the last drupa in 2008, and we’ve listened carefully to understand our customers’ challenges. Today, Kodak is delivering digital your way, solutions tailored to help them deliver specifically what their clients need,” noted Chris Payne, Kodak’s director and vice president marketing, Commercial Business. “Kodak’s portfolio of solutions and services optimize the delivery of higher-value images for our print customers to better serve their clients and grow their business. Come to the Kodak stand at drupa and see how Kodak can make your business a success by giving you digital your way.”
Highlights of Kodak’s presence at drupa:
• The new 1,000-fpm Kodak Prosper 6000XL press, a four-color inkjet press that delivers monthly print volumes (MPV) of up to 160 million A4 pages. Commercial print, direct mail and publishing customers will benefit from the industry’s fastest digital throughput on a proven inkjet printing platform.
• New 3,000-fpm Kodak Prosper S30 imprinting system, which boasts the highest speed in the industry for hybrid-printing (offset and digital) applications. The device enables web offset printers to increase profit potential by offering more digital printing applications.
• Kodak Stream inkjet technology powers the new Timsons T-Press press. Developed as part of Kodak’s Inkjet Technology Partnerships program, the Timsons T-Press delivers outstanding productivity, functionality and cost-effectiveness for fully digital book printing, improving business models for book printers and publishers.
• New Paper Rating Program and optional Image Optimizer Station, giving printers the freedom to print inkjet on any substrate. Customers can choose Kodak’s prequalified papers or treat any off-the-shelf paper for more flexible application options.
• New gold, pearlescent and neon pink printing effects now available using Fifth Imaging Unit Solutions on the Kodak Nexpress press, and new enhancements to the Nexpress SX platform, including in-line UV coating and long-sheet delivery trays. These developments enable service providers to expand applications and increase profit potential with digital printing.
• New Kodak Flexcel Direct System, which introduces innovative, energy-efficient, high-power direct laser engraving for flexographic sleeve production. With imager and consumables designed to work as an optimized solution, the advancement enables more affordable production of high-quality, in-the-round sleeves for package printing and drives an increase in print quality, greater consistency, and faster press setup times.