HP Updates Its HP Indigo 10000 Beta Testing Progress, Launches New Color-Proofing Solution
• HP SmartStream Designer 6.0, the next generation of HP Indigo’s leading variable data tool. SmartStream Designer seamlessly integrates with Adobe Creative Suite 6 for the creation of sophisticated high-value pages. Available now, new features include drag-and-drop imposition and page selection, layer rules in fast mode, and built-in QR and 2D barcode generation.
• HP SmartStream Director 2.0, a Web-to-print system for small-to-medium commercial PSPs, combines template-driven storefront creation with powerful JDF backend production automation to efficiently capture a wide variety of job orders with the highest level of end-to-end workflow automation. The new version, available in November, includes performance improvements and several new features including support for mobile devices.
• A new version of HP SmartStream Production Pro designed to meet the demanding production requirements of the HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press will be available in 2013. It features a new, intuitive user interface that simplifies the operation of the press.
• An updated version of HP SmartStream Production Analyzer, a multi-press, multi-site monitoring tool for HP Indigo presses that provides real time status, historical production data.
• HP SmartStream Production Center, a new workflow management system that addresses the challenges of producing and delivering high volumes of short run jobs, reducing turnaround time and increasing profitability. It will be available in the first half of 2013.
HP also now offers HP Hiflex cloud-based software solutions that address most application areas, including commercial printing, sign and display, publishing, and direct mail.
Momentum with high-speed color inkjet printing
Since entering the market in 2009 with the first commercially available HP Inkjet Web Press, HP has helped leading book, transactional statement and direct mail PSPs improve productivity, reduce costs and streamline their supply chain.
More recently, PSPs have purchased HP Inkjet Web Press systems for high-volume general commercial applications. They include: