HP Updates Its HP Indigo 10000 Beta Testing Progress, Launches New Color-Proofing SolutionOctober 7, 2012
In addition to the beta users, HP has experienced strong interest in the HP Indigo 10000 among leading companies such as Consolidated Graphics and The Matlet Group, which plan to install the system when it becomes available next year.
Because of its larger size and high productivity, the HP Indigo 10000 will help customers transition more work from offset to digital printing. It prints 3,450 sheets per hour in standard production mode, or 4,600 color sheets per hour using HP Indigo’s unique Enhanced Productivity Mode (EPM).
Strong customer demand for the HP Indigo 7600 and 5600 Digital Presses
HP reports strong market acceptance of the HP Indigo 7600 and 5600 digital Presses released earlier in the year, with hundreds of orders received worldwide for the presses in the past three months. Customers are taking advantage of new features for greater versatility and productivity of the presses and improved automation.
The HP Indigo 7600 has a top speed of 160 pages per minute (ppm) in EPM—a 33 percent increase over the previous top speed, making it the fastest two-page digital sheet-fed press available on the market. The HP Indigo 5600 is the enhanced version of the HP Indigo 5500, with a higher top speed of 90 ppm in EPM and new features for handling a broader range of applications.
New solutions to power digital workflows
New workflow solutions for HP Indigo presses that streamline image processing and production floor management include:
• HP SmartStream Designer 6.0, the next generation of HP Indigo’s leading variable data tool. SmartStream Designer seamlessly integrates with Adobe Creative Suite 6 for the creation of sophisticated high-value pages. Available now, new features include drag-and-drop imposition and page selection, layer rules in fast mode, and built-in QR and 2D barcode generation.
• HP SmartStream Director 2.0, a Web-to-print system for small-to-medium commercial PSPs, combines template-driven storefront creation with powerful JDF backend production automation to efficiently capture a wide variety of job orders with the highest level of end-to-end workflow automation. The new version, available in November, includes performance improvements and several new features including support for mobile devices.
• A new version of HP SmartStream Production Pro designed to meet the demanding production requirements of the HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press will be available in 2013. It features a new, intuitive user interface that simplifies the operation of the press.
• An updated version of HP SmartStream Production Analyzer, a multi-press, multi-site monitoring tool for HP Indigo presses that provides real time status, historical production data.
• HP SmartStream Production Center, a new workflow management system that addresses the challenges of producing and delivering high volumes of short run jobs, reducing turnaround time and increasing profitability. It will be available in the first half of 2013.
HP also now offers HP Hiflex cloud-based software solutions that address most application areas, including commercial printing, sign and display, publishing, and direct mail.
Momentum with high-speed color inkjet printing
Since entering the market in 2009 with the first commercially available HP Inkjet Web Press, HP has helped leading book, transactional statement and direct mail PSPs improve productivity, reduce costs and streamline their supply chain.
More recently, PSPs have purchased HP Inkjet Web Press systems for high-volume general commercial applications. They include:
• ANRO Inc. installed an HP T300 to produce high-quality full-color marketing pieces with 100 percent variability.
• Documation added an HP T200 to expand its services and meet increasing demand for custom black and white and color books and manuals.
• DS Graphics installed an HP T200 to bolster its variable data capabilities and help its clients create high-volume and affordable customized print campaigns.
HP’s GRAPH EXPO booth also will include print samples from the latest-generation HP T410, T360 and T230 color inkjet web presses, which feature new advanced inkjet printhead technology, nanotechnology pigment inks, and the new Production Elite print server for operating at higher speed without lowering image quality.
The new HP SmartStream Web Press color proofer includes all prepress tools, software, training and guidance needed to help provide accurate, consistent and high-quality color results. HP now has a complete package for PSPs seeking “one-stop shopping” for soft and hardcopy proofing. The soft proofing solution includes an HP workstation and color-calibrated monitor, and the hardcopy proofing solution for all press widths uses a 24˝ or 44˝ HP Designjet printer
Extending the power of variable data to offset
HP solution partners, Adphos and GSS (booth #2044), will demonstrate HP Print Module Solutions for imprinting variable mono and color graphics, text, and barcodes, on preprinted documents. The color and mono systems print up to 244 meters (800 feet) per minute and provide breakthrough running cost.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems.