HP to Unveil 10 Digital Presses, Including 29″ HP Indigo at drupa
TEL AVIV, ISRAEL—March 13, 2012—HP will introduce 10 digital printing systems at drupa that offer print service providers (PSPs) greater versatility, productivity and quality, including the first 29″ HP Indigo press and higher-speed HP Inkjet Web Presses.
The improved performance of the new portfolio helps PSPs extend the advantages of digital even further into traditional analog print markets and produce more high-value personalized or custom materials for their clients. The 10 new systems include:
• Three next-generation 29-inch-format HP Indigo presses capable of producing almost any commercial print job and a much broader range of packaging applications.
• Three updated models of the current HP Indigo portfolio with higher speeds in Enhanced Productivity Mode (EPM).
• Three higher-speed HP Inkjet Web Press models featuring advanced ink and printhead technology.
* A new HP high-speed imprinting solution for adding monochrome or full-color content to preprinted offset materials.
New offerings also include:
• A white ink kit, automatic loader and HP SmartStream Production Analyzer monitoring solution for HP Scitex industrial presses.
• A range of new HP SmartStream workflow and finishing solutions, HP Hiflex management information systems (MIS) and web-to-print solutions, and an expanded services organization.
• New media for the HP Inkjet Web Press systems, including the first coated glossy paper with ColorPRO technology available from Appleton Coated.
• New HP Indigo preferred media partner agreements with Sappi, Avery Dennison, Mitsubishi and ArjoWiggins Graphics.
HP will display the new solutions May 3-16 at drupa 2012 in Düsseldorf, Germany, where HP will be the largest digital printing exhibitor and will have the second-largest booth at the show.
At drupa 2008, HP introduced a revolutionary color inkjet web press, a new series of HP Indigo presses and the industry’s first latex inks for wide-format printers. Widespread market acceptance of those solutions has driven the graphics transformation and strong growth of high-value digital pages.