HP Stakes New Territories in Traditional Printing and BeyondSeptember 8, 2011
• New HP Business Apps, such as Stamps.com web postage services, Biz Card Scanning and Receipt Scanning Apps from Shoeboxed, and new apps from GoogleDocs and Box.net, allow SMBs and micro businesses to focus on business impact.
• From Scheduled Delivery Apps, business managers can receive actionable and specific guidance on becoming better leaders from Manager Tools, creators of an award-winning business podcast, and receive a full Wall Street premarket summary from RTT News, a global leading provider of financial newswires.
HP also is making its proven enterprise-level technologies accessible to SMBs. After its recent acquisition of Printelligent, a leader in managed print services (MPS), HP is rolling out HP Partner Managed Print Services, the first of several channel-enabled MPS offerings that HP plans to launch over the next year. In addition, HP has added several HP Document Solutions – including HP Access Control Express, HP and Nuance eCopy ShareScan and HP and Capella FormPort to its portfolio for the solutions specialist channel to sell.
New HP LaserJet printers, Scanjet printer for businesses of all sizes
HP introduced two HP LaserJet printers and an HP Scanjet printer that facilitate mobility and workflow for businesses.
• HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M601, M602 and M603 printer series – a secure, easy-to-use web-enabled monochrome printer series engineered to help businesses increase efficiency and improve document workflow.
• HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551 series – an HP ePrint-enabled printer ideal for enterprise and SMB work teams that want professional-quality color and document management tools.
• HP Scanjet Enterprise 8500fn1 Document Capture Workstation – a scanner optimized for workgroups with high-volume scanning needs, featuring an easy-to-use, large color touch screen.
Enterprise services and solutions
To simplify complex office processes and improve how enterprise customers work, HP introduced new and enhanced solutions and services offerings. HP Document Processing Services help clients grow their business, drive process transformation, reduce costs and increase productivity. The suite of document solutions offers customers the option to outsource all or portions of their document management functions, allowing information access from anywhere, anytime and via any channel.
HP Access Control Express with HP Access Control Mobile Release is a bundled solution of simple, effective tools that help slash printing costs and keep data secure, while increasing user confidence and productivity.
Additionally, the HP Solution Business Partner Program showcased announcements from Hyland, Jetmobile and Pharos.
Empowering global marketers
The new HP Smart Marketing Suite is a document workflow solution that addresses the inefficiencies facing enterprise marketing leaders. The solution consists of a suite of software and services that optimize and automate marketing content workflows, from creative brief to activation, resulting in time and cost savings that can be directed to increasing marketing effectiveness. To develop the offering, HP partnered with Omnicom Group Inc., a global leader in advertising and marketing communications.
Mobile solutions for consumers and businesses
HP is making the mobile print experience even quicker and easier, so customers can stay focused on the tasks at hand – whether they are at home, at work or simply on the go. HP’s new and enhanced mobile solutions allow people to bring print into their digital lives no matter where they are.
• For SMBs, the industry-first HP ePrint Wireless Direct offering allows users to connect directly to supported HP printers without the need for network or internet connections. Users can simply walk up and connect to a printer from any Wi-Fi-enabled mobile device with a peer-to-peer connection.
• The new HP ePrint Home and Biz app unifies the HP ePrint experience with a mobile app for Apple iOS, Android or Symbian smartphones and tablets, available at no additional cost, making it easy for customers to print documents and photos.
• The HP ePrint Mobile Driver makes it easier to print from notebook PCs to HP-enabled printers. Users simply “File and Print” to any registered ePrint-enabled printer.
• The new HP Printer Control mobile app for Apple iOS devices delivers wireless access and control of a printer through a robust mobile printing experience. Customers can scan photos and documents to Facebook, Google Docs and scan to email from their mobile devices. They also can monitor printer and supplies status.
• In a mobile printing first for enterprises, the cloud-unified HP ePrint app for BlackBerry smartphones allows BlackBerry users to print with one app to three cloud solutions: HP ePrint-enabled service printers, HP Enterprise service printers and HP Public Print service printers.
• Through HP’s collaboration with St. Joseph Communications and PrinterOn, mobile printing is now a reality for the more than 32 million annual travelers using Toronto Pearson International Airport, courtesy of new ePrintit Kiosks, the latest addition to HP ePrint Public Print locations.
Empowering the creative
HP is empowering consumers to do more with their photos than ever before, while also enabling retailers to capitalize on the growing retail publishing market, which generated sales of $33 billion worldwide in 2010 and is projected to grow at four percent annually through 2014.(3)
• Customers at 2,600 Walmart stores and all Meijer stores throughout the United States can now create photo creative merchandise such as photo posters, photo books, calendars and greeting cards in-store or online with same day pickup.
• HP Faux Canvas, a first-to-market, affordable alternative to traditional canvas that is lighter weight, easier to hang, and features either personal photos or licensed content, will be available in time for the holidays with initial availability exclusively at these Walmart stores.
• These Walmart customers can now use HP in-store kiosks to access their photos from Snapfish.com, Walmart.com and, coming soon, Facebook accounts.
• Making the photo organization and creation experience more convenient and efficient, a new online photo organizer from Snapfish by HP features advanced facial recognition algorithms.
Additional information about today’s news is available in an online press kit at www.hp.com/go/InnovationforImpact.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world.