HP Adds Smaller Inkjet Web Press, Two Indigo Models to its Portfolio #Ipex
BIRMINGHAM, UK—May 18, 2010—HP (NYSE:HPQ) today expanded its graphic arts portfolio to help its customers print top-quality, high-value materials and capture a larger share of a $124 billion global digital printing market.(1)
Delivering on its strategy to drive the analog-to-digital print transformation, HP introduced digital presses, large-format printers, finishing and workflow solutions, services, and business-development programs, while also announcing significant progress in reducing the environmental impact of printing.
The company’s broad portfolio helps print service providers grow their businesses through new high-value digital applications ranging from publishing and transpromotional statements to marketing collateral, packaging and large-format signage.
HP is demonstrating its new solutions at Ipex 2010, the major graphic arts tradeshow of the year. HP has the largest stand and display of digital printing technologies at the show, including a simulated production floor and customer presentations that showcase HP’s extensive range of real-world applications.
• the HP T200 Color Inkjet Web Press, the company’s first extension to the high-volume inkjet portfolio, which offers a lower-cost(2) and smaller, 20-inch width for print service providers seeking to adopt full-color inkjet web printing
• the HP Indigo 7500 Digital Press, a top-of-the-line, highly automated press designed to replace small and midsize offset presses for high-quality color applications such as photo books, marketing collateral and personalized direct mail
• the entry-level HP Indigo 3550 Digital Press that offers proven HP Indigo quality at a more affordable price
• four new HP Scitex large-format printers, including the first HP Scitex systems to offer odorless HP Latex Inks and two UV-curable printers, significantly reducing environmental impact compared to solvent inks while also delivering superior quality for high-profit signage applications
• the HP Designjet Z5200 Printer for copy shops, quick-printing firms and other small commercial print businesses interested in entering the large-format market
• new HP SmartStream workflow solutions and a range of finishing systems from HP and its partners, which improve productivity by up to 20 percent for commercial print jobs