Open Enrollment | Subscribe to Printing Impressions HERE
Connect
Follow us on
Advertisement
 

High Levels of Carbon Monoxide Found at NC Printer Sends One Employee to Hospital

June 16, 2014
HENDERSONVILLE, NC—June 16, 2014—Workers at Hendersonville Printing, based here, were evacuated Friday morning, when Hendersonville firefighters discovered high levels of carbon monoxide at the facility. One worker was sent to Park Ridge Health, reported the Times-News. The cause of the carbon monoxide leak was a propane-powered fork lift that was running inside of the building.

A report released by the Hendersonville Fire Department revealed that carbon monoxide readings were close to 300 parts per million. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, average levels in homes without gas stoves vary from 0.5 to 5 parts per million.

All employees were allowed back into the building by 12:30 p.m., after the building was ventilated and no more carbon monoxide readings were detected, the Times-News reported.
 

COMMENTS

Click here to leave a comment...
Comment *
Most Recent Comments: