Highlights from Dscoop9 Conference, Including New Personalized Educational Resources
Gary Garner, Dscoop9 chairman and CEO of GLS Companies.
Mike Fogarty, Dscoop global executive director.
CHICAGO—March 10, 2014—It was anything but business as usual for the more than 2,000 HP digital print professionals from around the globe who attended the Dscoop9 conference in person and virtually last week in Orlando, FL. The theme and directive at the conference was for Dscoop members to “break the mold.”
Attendee turnout marked a 25 percent increase in print service provider attendees from last year’s event and included attendees from 33 countries around the world.
Conference attendees discovered that their educational opportunities would not end with the conference. The guiding principle behind Dscoop University, which officially debuted the first day of the conference, is to provide members with a year-round educational industry resource. Dscoop University offers a highly personalized and practical curriculum in a blended learning environment; members have access to online learning, downloadable training materials and instructor-led courses. At Dscoop9, educational sessions were also live streamed to enable more global members to learn and interact virtually.
Other conference highlights from Dscoop9 included:
- The largest Solutions Showcase in conference history featuring the latest printing technologies and products from a record 100 partners and over 36,500 sq. ft.
- More than 1,100 demos of HP’s Latex 3000 and 260 and Designjet Z6200 and Z3200 presses over the course of three days
- First public demo in the Americas of the HP Indigo 30000 digital press, which enables exciting new carton folding applications
- The announcement of the new Tell Your Story Sales Program, an innovative program leveraging best-in-class sales techniques, tools, over 100 digital assets, videos and PowerPoints to help HP Graphic Arts business owners to even more effectively communicate and partner with their customers to achieve mutual success. This program was created by HP and jointly delivered through Dscoop, empowering Dscoop members like never before.
- Two opening keynote speakers: Business consultant Scott Stratten provided his original take on viral, social and authentic marketing, which he calls “un-marketing”, and business thought leader and best-selling author Jason Jennings shared his five growth secrets of the world’s best performing companies and leaders.
- The presentation of the 2014 Jack Glacken Award for outstanding contributions to the Dscoop community to Chris Petro, President and CEO, GlobalSoft Digital Solutions and Mark Sarpa, CEO, Progressive Solutions.
- A dynamic closing presentation from Alon Bar-Shany, VP and General Manager for HP Indigo Division, who provided attendees with global digital print industry insights.
“Dscoop9 inspired our members to break the mold like never before, while we broke attendance records,” commented Gary Garner, Dscoop9 chairman and CEO of GLS Companies. “Every session was designed to be relevant to a particular job function—business owner, sales and marketing professional or operational and production team member∏so everyone’s top priorities and challenges were addressed. Members walked away with great ideas and insights from peers and industry experts that they could immediately put into practice.”
“Dscoop9 exceeded our expectations, and most importantly, those of our members,” added Dscoop Global Executive Director Mike Fogarty. “With the unveiling of Dscoop University and the Tell Your Story Sales Program, they left knowing they don’t have to wait for a conference to learn how to succeed in the digital print industry.”
Founded in 2005, the Digital Solutions Cooperative (Dscoop) offers business owners educational, networking and business development opportunities and tools for themselves and their employees. Dscoop is open to professional graphic arts companies operating HP Indigo presses; HP Scitex presses; HP Latex 800 and 3000 series presses; and HP InkJet Web presses. In the true sense of a cooperative, Dscoop also supports members, partners, and industry influencers in efforts to educate print generators on the value of digital printing as an integral component of cross-media campaigns.