Fire at CT Printer Sends Two to Hospital
WEST HAVEN, CT—Serious burns sent a pair of GHP employees to the hospital after a flash fire broke out at the southern Connecticut plant, the New Haven Register reported. The incident occurred when the workers were using a flammable solvent to clean a folder when the chemical ignited and triggered the flash fire.
Rescue personnel arrived at the printing company on Tuesday to find two men with first- and second-degree burns to their face and hands. The injured were transported to Bridgeport Hospital's burn unit for their injuries, which the paper said were not life threatening. The facility was evacuated, but there were no reports of other injuries.
The fire was quickly put out with fire extinguishers, according to the Register. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) was expected to investigate the incident.