Fire Strikes Delaware Package Printer
NEW CASTLE, DE—Two firefighters had to be treated for chemical exposure after battling a Wednesday morning blaze at Printpack Inc., according to CBS-TV Channel 3. The fire, which was brought under control in about an hour, caused an estimated $350,000 in damage.
Fire crews were dispatched to the scene shortly after 8 a.m. following reports of heavy smoke. Investigators told the station that the blaze started after a processing unit malfunctioned, igniting both product and chemicals. Hazardous materials units were called in along with several fire departments.