FedEx Office, Canon and HP Collaborate to Redefine Retail Printing
The new network will provide benefits such as:
• Leading technology – The new devices that will be deployed include Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE multifunction products (MFP) and imagePRESS digital press systems, representing Canon’s two largest investments in imaging device development over the past 10 years. In addition, HP is delivering market-changing innovations in the form of online and cloud printing applications, which will give FedEx Office a competitive advantage and pave the way for stronger revenue streams and next-generation technology solutions.
• Consistency – The devices will be the same across most locations, creating a uniform customer experience with extraordinary printing quality and reliable equipment operation. Specifically, advanced software tools from Canon will enable FedEx Office employees to monitor the installed device fleet to ensure optimum working status and reduce potential down-time delays.
• Capacity – The enhancements will provide greater capacity and improved speed across the network, giving customers better turnaround times and 24-7 access.
• Efficiency – The equipment, spanning an array of functionality (color, large format, multi-function) is fast and energy-efficient, saving valuable time and resources. Designated ENERGY STAR models offer a range of energy-conscious features to minimize environmental impacts while delivering extraordinary reliability.
• Usability – The devices in the self-serve area of FedEx Office locations will have more user-friendly interfaces, and offer a consistent user experience regardless of store location. Furnished with award-winning Canon MFPs and HP Designjet large format printers, FedEx Office customers will have access to some of the highest-quality, most environmentally-friendly and intelligent devices available.
• Flexibility – FedEx Office will begin implementing creative HP publishing solutions such as Snapfish by HP to offer a superior printing and publishing resource that will broaden its reach to consumers.
In addition, the equipment will empower customers to capitalize on the significant advancements in print technology that allow for remote printing from wherever customers are located, whenever they want to print, using USB drives or smartphones. Advanced technology also paves the way for “cloud printing,” which allows customers to store documents in a virtual space that is accessible from anywhere that a network connection can be established.