EFI Highlights New LED Printers and Productivity Suite at ISA Sign Expo
LAS VEGAS — April 20, 2017 — Signage and graphics professionals can reach a new level of productivity, opportunity and growth with EFI technologies at this year’s ISA International Sign Expo, including a pair of brand-new LED inkjet printers offering exceptional returns on investment and the latest version of company’s Midmarket Print Suite with award-winning Pace MIS/ERP software at its core, offering advanced tools for superwide-format production management.
The EFI Pro 16h wide-format hybrid roll/flatbed LED printer making its North American debut, sets a new, affordable entry point for hybrid roll/flatbed production printing. This new Fiery Driven printer includes white ink and is designed with a robust package of features to assure the lowest total cost of ownership, superior image quality and a broad range of applications while. This new printer platform has faster speeds as well, with some print modes offering up to 30% greater throughput compared with other EFI entry-level hybrid production platforms.
Best-in-Class Print Resolution and Speed in Roll-to-Roll Printing
The new, industrial 3-meter EFI VUTEk 3r roll-to-roll LED printer making its worldwide premiere at the tradeshow offers the highest productivity in its class with speeds up to 3,715 square feet per hour. Printing in resolutions up to 1,200 dpi, it also features the highest resolution in its class using high-end EFI UltraDrop Technology 7-picoliter printheads.
Print professionals can do more work in less time with the new roll-to-roll printer’s unique integrated production workflow advantages. Value-added options, including an inline finishing system for all-in-one printing, x-cutting, slitting and collecting, and advanced white printing modes, give customers a distinct competitive advantage in the capabilities and quality they can offer.
End-to-End Integrated with EFI printers, DFEs and Workflow
EFI is also launching its newest workflow, showing version 5 of EFI’s Midmarket Print Suite software driving end-to-end efficiencies for display, signage and graphics customers. The suite’s enhancements include an upgraded Superwide Format component database for easier estimating, planning and management in dedicated signage and graphics production printing environments.
EFI customer Image Options, a Foothill Ranch, Calif.-based business that is a long-time user of EFI VUTEk printer and EFI Fiery digital front end (DFE) products for inkjet production, said of the product: “We are ready for the transition to this new workflow because the new suite has the ability to grow with us. The fact that the workflow software talks to our other EFI systems is a big advantage and we think the automation it can provide will be important.”
Additional products in EFI’s booth, #1332, include:
- The latest-version EFI Fiery proServer and Fiery XF DFEs, products that provide accurate, superior color management on a wide range of substrates, including textiles and transfer paper for soft signage production. The Fiery proServer features a highly advanced FAST (Fiery Accelerated System Technology) RIP engine for quick file processing on EFI superwide hybrid and roll-to-roll printers.
- The EFI VUTEk LX3 Pro printer, a 3-meter, eight-color, LED hybrid roll/flatbed printer designed for high production throughput, higher volumes and shorter lead times while maintaining the image quality needed for retail signs and point-of-purchase displays.
- The EFI VUTEk FabriVU 340, an aqueous dye-sublimation soft signage offering that leverages EFI Reggiani’s 70 years’ worth of experience in advanced textile imaging. The 3.4-meter device prints in ultra-high resolutions while offering the significant advantage of direct-to-textile or indirect transfer printing using the same ink set.
- The 2-meter EFI VUTEk GS2000lxPro with UltraDrop Technology, a versatile, high-end hybrid LED inkjet printer offering white and clear inks for premium-quality display graphics applications.
- EFI Digital StoreFront and EFI DirectSmile integrated variable-data print and marketing automation technologies that customers can use to offer robust, customizable and flexible eCommerce job submission and campaign management across multiple media, including traditional and soft signage.
New Roll-to-Roll Graphics Applications
Several partners are participating with EFI at the tradeshow. 3M Commercial Graphics (booth #1345) and EFI are announcing new 3M MCS Warranty certifications for wraps and outdoor graphics printed on EFI Quantum 3 and 5 printers, with additional certifications coming soon for the EFI VUTEk 3r and 5r roll-to-roll models. The certifications are for work using new co-branded EFI – 3M SuperRange XF series LED inks along with certified media and overlaminates on work done by MCS-certified installers.
International Sign Expo attendees can also see durable wallcovering applications possible for graphics printed on EFI’s new VUTEk roll-to-roll LED printers with media from Avery Dennison (booth #4380). Show exhibitor Alliance Technology Corp. (booth #4992) is coating print samples printed on Avery Dennison MPI2631 Canvas textured wallcovering film using EFI’s award-winning Armor UVF UV-curable coating.