Dscoop8: “Spark” Features New Additions to Conference ProgramFebruary 8, 2013
CHICAGO—February 8, 2013—The 2013 Dscoop Annual Conference: “Spark,” held February 21-23, 2013, in Nashville, TN., will inspire business leaders with an exciting set of new tools and sessions along with an impressive line-up of international speakers and consultants.
“Having access to insights from an industry leader and subject matter experts is critical to the education for our attendees,” said Tim Flaman, vice president, West Canadian Digital Imaging Inc. “We’re able to share the latest innovations in the digital print industry with our attendees to help put them one step ahead of the competition.”
A new addition to this year’s Business & Sales track focuses on bridging generational gaps in the workplace and will leave attendees with ready-to-use sales solutions that attract Gen Y customers. Known as The Gen Y Guy, Jason Ryan Dorsey, chief strategy officer at The Center for Generational Kinetics, is the expert on Gen Y and generational trends. In his session, “Selling to Gen Y and Across Generations,” learn how to increase innovation across generations and drive sales based on cross-generational best practices.
In addition to this year’s educational offerings, Dscoop8 will feature a new set of tools and sessions geared to position business leaders for success and Spark inspiration. Attendees will walk away with free customizable print samples, designer tutorials and marketing newsletters, along with onsite instruction to help them showcase the unique capabilities, applications and substrates of HP Indigo to designers and brand owners.
For the first time the conference will offer:
- Special training sessions for designers focused on HP Indigo digital print
- Strategies that will help educate influencers and offer a new Print Service Directory, allowing print purchasers to locate partners worldwide.
- An educational track focused on the tools and case studies necessary to create award winning print samples.
- Business & Sales sessions focused on showcasing the capabilities of the HP Indigo press and how business owners can market their brand successfully
Dscoop8 presents over 120 sessions and education from some of the top experts in marketing, printing, business and technical fields. Attendees will experience a wide array of international speakers and consultants with success around the world, presenting motivational sessions.
“The Annual Dscoop Conference is a great opportunity for myself and other Asia Pacific members to network with others in our industry and expand our knowledge,” said Yuki Okamoto. “I can always expect a high level of international turnout and the tools necessary to take my business to the next step.”
Attendees can expect informational presentations from a number of international experts including:
- Martine Padilla, President, Sophizo, printing strategist for major global brands like Wal-Mart and Toyota. Her session will explain why major brands are increasingly looking for more sustainable print and sustainable print shop practices.
- UK-based presenter, Nick Devine, The Print Coach. His Business & Sales session, High Margin Selling: How to Win Larger Customers with Less Discounting, will cover how to profile the market, three types of buying influences and the best way to sell each type.
- Dr. Reiner Fageth, Cewe, will present an educational session in the Photo Business track, Developing Creation Software for Your Business. This session will highlight how to successfully design and buy photo creation software for the B2C market.
Saturday’s closing Spark session features motivational speaker and leading authority on leadership, Clay Staires. Staires is founder of the Leadership Initiative and will focus on how companies can implement strong leadership roles, personal development and brand loyalty throughout their business.
Founded in 2005, Dscoop (the Digital Solutions Cooperative) is an independent global community of graphic arts business owners and technical professionals who use HP equipment and related solutions, including Indigo and Scitex. Dscoop is focused on educating and connecting its members with each other and with HP to improve members’ business growth, efficiency and profitability.