Dscoop6 to Feature Larger Digital Solutions ShowcaseJanuary 31, 2011
• Mohawk Fine Papers—Mohawk Maestro Software provides digital press owners template-based software to enter the photo market with books, cards, calendars and more. Mohawk Panoramic is ideal for creating elegant books and photo albums. These papers allow photos to flow seamlessly across the fold and eliminate color match issues across the spread.
• NewPage Corp.—Designed specifically for HP Indigo presses, NewPage’s new OptiPrime Digital label paper is pre-optimized and has been tested and certified on the ws4500 and WS6000 by HP and the Rochester Institute of Technology. NewPageDigital.com explains how NewPage can help provide a new level of personalization and how NewPage has extended its environmental certifications within its coated paper digital offering.
• Pageflex by Bitstream Inc.—Highlights include: Pageflex SaaS, a new hosted solution; Pageflex 7.6, which introduces customizable storefront workflows and the ability to offer kits; and an update to Pageflex iWay, upon which HP SmartStream Director is built.
• PriscoDigital—HP Scitex LX800 is a 126˝ (3.2 m) roll-to-roll inkjet system that permits high quality printing directly on a wide variety of paper, synthetic and fabric media with multi-roll capability and uses environmentally friendly latex ink technology from HP. HP Scitex FB700, a high quality versatile 98.4˝ (250 cm) wide six color UV inkjet system that can be configured to print on almost any rigid and flexible media. This economical system has a white ink option.
• Prisme Technologies—Fully hosted, dynamically developed PrintSYS solution gives print service providers tools to enable online orders and streamline production, which in turn decreases administrative overhead and the overall cost per transaction.
• Unibind Inc.—The book software package contains easy-to-use templates for office/business/school support materials, such as presentation folders, meeting books, agenda books, diaries and event books. The automatic offline Casemaker 750A allows personalization of hardcovers with wraparound photos as small as 8x8˝ up to 12x14˝ in portrait or landscape orientation at speeds up to 400 covers per hour. Spine sizes up to 0.94 in. (24 mm) can be accommodated
HP Indigo and Scitex users can see these innovative products and more at Dscoop6. To facilitate attendees’ navigation of the show floor, the Solutions Showcase will be segmented by solutions related to commercial print, direct marketing, label and packaging, photo, publishing and grand-format printing.
More details about the conference, including the agenda, speakers, full partner list and registration, can be found at www.dscoop6.org.
Founded in 2005, Dscoop (the Digital Solutions Cooperative) is an independent global community of graphic arts business owners and technical professionals who use HP equipment and related solutions, including HP Indigo and Scitex. Dscoop is focused on educating and connecting its members with each other and with HP to improve members’ business growth, efficiency and profitability. To learn more about Dscoop, visit www.dscoop.org. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Source: Press release.