Combined Customer Expo Draws Big Crowds
Also at work during the customer expo was Muller Martini's newest saddle stitching system—BravoPlus—which brings high-volume saddle stitching advancements to facilities that concentrate on short-to-medium runs. The BravoPlus worked in conjunction with MBO's BA-700 automatic banding delivery running a two-up job at the event.
In addition to the BA-700 delivery, MBO America ran a wide range of folding, mailing, cutting and binding solutions. They included:
* An MBO Perfection folder demonstrated how its Navigator operating system—with touchscreen, Rapidset and Datamanager—automates makereadies.
* A remote access link was established with a Perfection folder with Navigator at A.J. Images in Roselle, NJ. MBO technicians used the connection to demonstrate how they can monitor and review live production data and check equipment set up to maximize their customers' productivity.
* Two MBO B21 eight-page units were coupled to a Stralfors unwinder and sheeter to create signatures.
* A Herzog + Heymann (H+H) M7.46-72 map folder with 12 fold plates was demonstrated.
* An MBO B30-S/4VM Perfection folder connected with an H+H 392 unit demonstrated time slitting, time perforating, time scoring and plow folding, and utilized a pick & place unit to tip on a three-dimensional piece to create eye-catching direct mail pieces in a single pass.
* A B26/44X folder teamed up with an H+H ILS system to produce a 16-page pasted booklet, then trimmed on a Bograma punching unit.
* An Ehret reel-sheeter operated in combination with a Perfection B-26S eight-page unit and a BA-700 automatic banding delivery to demonstrate high-speed sheeting, folding and banding.
* A 45˝ Wohlenberg Cut-Tec guillotine cutter was surrounded with Baumann automated material handling systems.
* A Theisen & Bonitz flex B315 VP collator worked in system configuration with the company's new 304 stitch, fold and trim unit with integrated head- and foot-trim.
A variety of other folding, gluing and diecutting combinations were also displayed, comprising a total of 20 MBO America systems.