Cedar Graphics' Package Illustrates the Power of Cross-Media and Web-to-Print - PODi Case StudyFebruary 12, 2013
Vertical Market: Printing Services
Business Application: Direct Marketing/Lead Generation
Cedar Graphics, located just north of Cedar Rapids, IA, wanted to increase awareness of its marketing solutions and needed a self-promotion campaign that would:
- Demonstrate its cross-media marketing and direct mail capabilities
- Illustrate the impact and possibilities of digital packaging
- Showcase and drive interest in Cedar Graphics’ online print storefront
- Acquire business leads
Results: Cedar Graphics developed a cross-media campaign that successfully engaged its customers and prospects. Instead of the usual postcard mailer, the company developed its own multi-dimensional packaging which could be printed variably and mailed directly to the target audience.
This three dimensional mailer was personalized in numerous locations with the recipient’s name and Personalized URL and QR Code response mechanisms. Inside the package was a letter describing Cedar Graphics’ services and several print samples showcasing its capabilities. The campaign continued with reminder postcards, a microsite, surveys, and a chance to customize their own materials via the online storefront. The campaign results:
- 17% visit rate—recipients went to their personalized landing page for more information
- 10% response rate—recipients went to the landing page and completed an online survey about their printing needs
Interest in Cedar Graphics’ services was expressed by clients across nine vertical industries. Cedar Graphics also had an increase in discussions with local ad agencies about opportunities for future campaigns.