Canon imagePRESS C7011VP/S Series Offers Wider Variety of Print ApplicationsJanuary 16, 2014
MELVILLE, NY—January 16, 2014—Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging solutions, with the introduction of the imagePRESS C7011VPS/C7011VP series of digital color presses, now offers print service providers the opportunity to help increase productivity and deliver a wider variety of applications by way of new inline feeding and finishing options.
Canon's new imagePRESS digital color presses include six base models that offer print speeds of up to 70 or 60* letter-size pages-per-minute with up to 1,200x1,200 dpi image resolution. The Canon imagePRESS models: C7011VPS/C6011VPS/C6011S incorporate the company's PRISMAsync controller that streamlines production, making printing workflows more intuitive and consistent. In addition to the PRISMAsync controller, the C7011VPS/C6011VPS/C6011S models offer several external server options to help provide increased control over the printer, for a customizable workflow.
"As a marketing services provider, I'm always looking for technologies that will help me offer new solutions and value added services to my clients, yet I don't want to maintain several separate pieces of equipment for each type of job my clients need," said Rick Sands, director of The Fenway Group. "This new imagePRESS series has versatility and workflow tools I need to remain innovative and competitive in the market."
To help expand capabilities, increase productivity and reduce costs, the imagePRESS C7011VP/C6011VP/C6011 models are being introduced with a Long Sheet Feeder(1) solution. This device allows for the input of longer sheet sizes, expanding the types of applications that can be produced on the imagePRESS C7011VP series. Supporting paper sizes up to 13x26", applications such as book covers, dust jackets, maps, larger posters, banners, point-of-purchase signage, pocket folders, 12-page brochures, and calendars can now be created on the imagePRESS in one seamless workflow.
"The new imagePRESS lineup offers an efficient and customizable solution that can help our clients expand their customers' production printing needs," noted Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "While many digital presses address the growing market trend toward shorter print runs and faster turnaround times, our new color imagePRESS offerings can also meet the demand customers still have for the image quality and output options once only achieved by offset technology."
Wider Variety of Applications
Since first introduced in 2006, Canon's imagePRESS line of digital presses has been adept at producing marketing collateral, direct mail pieces, newsletters, and other similar output on paper sizes from 7.2x7.2" up to 13x19". With enhanced media handling capabilities and optional accessories available for the new imagePRESS series, a wider range of applications are enabled:
- A new Professional Booklet Maker enables the imagePRESS to produce up to 30-sheet (120 pages) saddle-stitched booklets with a professional square fold spine. Previous versions only supported 25-sheets. A new Ring Binder allows the imagePRESS to produce professionally bound manuals and books in-line, requiring less bindery equipment and fewer manual touches to create a finished piece. (2)
Late Stage Job Editing
Clients deploying the imagePRESS C7011VPS/C6011VPS/C6011S models will benefit from PRISMAsync v3.1, the latest version of the company's production management software that includes several new capabilities that provide greater control of the workflows that are prevalent in commercial printing environments, such as:
- Extended Job Manipulation allows operators to make changes to a job even after it has been submitted to the print controller, helping to reduce the need for operators to push back on prepress to re-submit the job. In addition, color management settings are applied whenever the media type is changed to help ensure output consistency and optimal image quality.
- DocBox and Page Programming allow prepress departments to assign jobs to specific operators who can then store work in their own folder for future use as well as make simple adjustments to specific pages within a document at the imagePRESS control panel.
- Variable Data Printing enhancements that give operators the ability to print specific records of a VDP job by defining the records at the control panel. In addition, record-based jam recovery helps ensure that all records of a job are printed.
The imagePRESS C7011VPS/C7011VP series of digital color presses will be available for customer delivery through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Solutions America at the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $104,790.
About Canon U.S.A. Inc.
Canon U.S.A. Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
* imagePRESS C7011VPS and C7011VP models offer consistent speed of 70 pages per minute
imagePRESS C6011VPS and C6011VP models offer consistent speed of 60 pages per minute
imagePRESS C6011S and C6011 models offer speeds of up to 60 pages per minute
(1) The long sheet feeding solution for the imagePRESS C7011VP series requires a dedicated configuration. No other feeding or finishing accessories may be attached.
(2) The Ring Binder, when attached to the imagePRESS C7011VP/S is considered the final finisher and no other finishers may be attached downstream.