Calvin Coolidge on Sales - Short Attention Span Sales Tip
This is my favorite holiday of the year. It’s always given me the Norman Rockwell fuzzies and I look forward to having family and football and feasting. As this is the first year of my life where neither of my parents will be present, it will be somewhat melancholy. But it will be a celebration of what they stood for and what was important to them. Let me take this moment to thank you for another year of growth and success and wish your family a happy Thanksgiving from the Farquharson clan.
I don’t have a lot to say this week. No great, original, sage advice. Just one of my favorite quotes on one of my favorite subjects: Diligence.
I have long believed that the single most important skill that a salesperson can have is understanding how to research a prospect prior to the start of any prospecting process so to make the best and highest quality sales call possible. From this skill flows a lot of important aspects of a successful sale.
The most important sales characteristic is Diligence. Persistence. Drive. Determination. You will find these characteristics present in every top sales rep, politician, sports figure, business executive and salesperson.
And you need to find it in yourself as well.
So, I will leave you with this quote from Calvin Coolidge on the subject:
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
What’s YOUR sales challenge?
- No prospecting process, don’t know whom to call on or what to say? Solution: Take the Sales Challenge!
- Do you know what you should be doing but not doing enough of it? Solution: The 90 Day Sales Blitz
- Not calling on the right kinds of companies? Solution: The Lead-Gen/Vertical Market Research Program
- I have no idea! Can we talk? Absolutely: meetme.so/billfarquharson
- Other questions? Bill Farquharson: (781) 934-7036 or email@example.com