BIA Announces the 2012 Product of Excellence Award Winners
PITTSBURGH—June 27, 2012—The Binding Industries Assn. (BIA) has announced the winners of the 2012 Product of Excellence (POE) awards. For more than three decades, the POE awards have recognized outstanding examples of craftsmanship in binding, graphic finishing, information packaging, and custom loose-leaf manufacturing.
This year’s winners, by category, include:
- Mechanical Folding Category – The Incredible Pop-Up Body Book, Leo Paper Products
- Stitching Category – Allstream, Pacific Bindery Services
- Adhesive Binding Category – Telus Gardens, Pacific Bindery Services
- Case Binding Category – Bijie, C&C Joint Printing Co. (Shenzhen)
- Diecutting Category – Tattoo World, C&C Joint Printing Co. (Guangdong)
- Foil Stamping and Embossing Category – The Orthodox Lineage of the Southern School, C&C Joint Printing Co. (Shanghai)
- Hand Work Category – il meraviglioso mondo di Hello Kitty, Leo Paper Products
- Mechanical Binding Category – Specialty Finishing Group, Specialty Finishing Group
- Gluing Category – 2012 Annual Giving Ticket Priority Program, Wrap-Ups Inc.
- Special Products Category – Great Western Brewing Original 16, Roswell Bookbinding
- Graphic Finisher Self-Promotion Category – Holiday Leftovers, McGraphics Inc.
- They Said It Couldn’t Be Done – Price Booklets, Specialty Finishing Group
- Foil Stamping/Debossing Category – First Office, Vulcan Information Packaging
- Screen Printing: Single Color Category – NMS Management 15th Anniversary, Pack Appeal
- Screen Printing: Multi Color – Canrig Binder, Trends Presentation Products
- Litho: 4-Color Process Category – Chicago CD Set, Trends Presentation Products
- Turned Edge Casebound Category – Precious Metal-The Mahoney Collection, Binding Solutions
- Boxes and Totes Category – Finlandia Box, Holum & Sons Co.
- Innovative Use of Materials Category – “Blue” Wine Menu, Silvanus Products
- Product Design Category – Philips Box, Trends Presentation Products
- Self Promotion Category – Holum Christmas Gift, Holum & Sons Co.
- They Said It Couldn’t Be Done Category – NY Knicks Season Ticket Boxes, Holum & Sons Co.
POE Winning Companies are set apart from the competition in the printing and graphics industry, and use their win to solidify client relationships, grow their business, and enhance their standing in the marketplace.