Standing (front row, from the left) are: Mike Janitz, Mid-York purchasing/AP manager; Pat Dowdall, Mid-York COO and vice president; and Raphael Indermuehle, Bobst Group marketing director. (Back, left to right): Shawn Aikins, Mid-York vice president and plant manager; Harold Leete, Bobst Northeast regional sales manager; and Robert Tenney, Mid-York president and CEO.
Kevin Eason, a member of the bindery and finishing staff, runs a job on Greenerprinter’s new ECO 80 folder/gluer.
Flooded Equipment Is Replaced Fully
TURTLE CREEK, PA—When a flash flood destroyed the equipment in Laurel Print and Graphics’ 6,000-square-foot shop, the printer took what was an emergency and turned it into an opportunity.
During a period in which the company outsourced its work-in-process to other local firms, Laurel replaced its cutter, folder and two small-format presses with a lineup that includes a Polar 78 XS cutter, a Stahl USA B20 with right-angle attachment, a four-color Printmaster PM 52-4 and a two-color Printmaster QM 46 press.
“Our older, two-color Printmaster PM 52 press ran for four productive, problem-free years before the flood,” says Laurel President Keith Jones. “We look forward to more of the same.”
The shop provides business stationery, brochures, leaflets, forms, postcards and other commercially printed materials to its regional client base located in western Pennsylvania.
• Muller Martini, Hauppauge, NY, is now the exclusive U.S. distributor of Transpack strapping machines.
• Fisher Printing, Bridgeview, IL selected a Rima-System RS-36 stacker with indexing technology and a new Rima-System RS 820 rotary trimmer to produce finished products, in-line, at full press speeds.
• Lowell, MA-based DS Graphics has acquired a new Kolbus KM600 perfect binding line.
• Resource Grand, Cincinnati, installed a four-needle Singer lockstitch machine fitted with a Racing puller to grow its banner business.
• Richmond, VA-based B&B Printing expanded its in-house finishing capabilities to include embossing and foil stamping by purchasing a Kluge EHD press.
• Graphic Imagery, South San Francisco, CA, has invested in Fastbind Elite book production equipment, enabling it to produce hard- and soft-cover books, as well as a Rhinotuff wire binding system. The new equipment complement’s the printer’s HP Indigo 5500 digital press.