BINDERY mattersDecember 2009
• To help with its transition to in-house manufacturing, M13 Graphics, Schaumburg, IL, installed a pair of Polar 115 XT guillotine cutters with lifts, jogger and scales, and networked them via Heidelberg Compucut software.
• The full-service bindery of Litho Press, San Antonio, now houses high-speed Polar 115XT and Polar 92X paper cutters equipped with a jogger, scale, lift and Transomat offloader.
• Stacking small-format, difficult-to handle products in its in-line finishing operation was a slow process for Quad/Graphics' West Allis, WI, facility. Its solution was installing two Rima-System RS-36 indexing compensating stackers.
• Adding a Standard Horizon StitchLiner 5500 saddlestitching system with in-line, three-knife trimmer, and a Standard Horizon AFC-564A floor-model folder, is yielding increased postpress efficiencies for Houston-based Printing X-Press.
• In Des Moines, IA, The Printer Inc. has purchased its third Osako saddlestitcher from Best Graphics. The Alpha Series Estar stitcher is configured with four rotary feeders, cover feeder and a rail extension for in-line ink-jetting.
Do You Have Bindery-Related News to Report?
We Want to Hear About It!
Fax to: (215) 238-5484
Or e-mail: email@example.com