Gil Bonilla, Color Spectrum Network’s president and CEO, states that the Alpina II will provide his company with the ability to take on a wide range of new work.
“Now there really isn’t any folding task that we can’t take on and easily master. The capabilities of this new folder/gluer give our sales force confidence in the marketplace because we now have the ability to handle just about any degree of complication. It also lets us run many of the jobs we currently run faster.”
Color Spectrum Network’s turnaround goal is seven calendar days from order placement to the customer’s dock.
Pair of Stitchers for West Coast Printer
SACRAMENTO, CA—With business on a steady uptrend, Commerce Printing Services was motivated to recently purchase two Best Osako Estar saddlestitchers from distributor Best Graphics.
• In Smyrna, GA, Mail Advertising Systems has broadened its services with the installation of two Muller Martini Bravo-T saddlestitchers and an Acoro A7 perfect binder.
• Capital Color Printing recently added a USA B 26 Stahlfolder to handle more complex folding applications in its bindery. According to Rafael Canete, operating partner at Capital Color, the USA B 26 has doubled capacity at the Morrow, GA-based shop.
• Printing Partners in Indianapolis has upgraded its bindery with two paper cutters—a Perfecta 115 and 92 TVC—as well as a 6.5P stacklift and a SA 110A jogger with air expulsion.
• Primary Color Systems, Irvine, CA, has installed a 42˝ Rollem double-head TR perforating, scoring and slitting system with an airfeed and a double-head roll-away right angle perforating, scoring and slitting system.
• California Lithographers, an all-Heidelberg shop based in Concord, CA, recently increased efficiency with the addition of a Polar 137 XT cutter with Autotrim technology.
• MBO America has unveiled a new slogan, “Finishing First.” The company has also revitalized its Website, www.mboamerica.com.