Best Workplace in the Americas Award Winners Announced
PITTSBURGH—Nov. 29, 2011—Printing Industries of America proudly announces the recipients of the 2011 Best Workplace in the Americas Awards. A total of 33 graphic arts companies were selected by a committee of distinguished human resources experts from within the industry. The program is designed to recognize graphic arts companies for their outstanding human relations efforts which contribute to a successful workplace.
“Since 2000, the Best Workplace program has recognized industry leaders from small, medium, and large firms in the graphic arts industry for their outstanding human relations practices,” noted said Jim Kyger, assistant vice president of HR for Printing Industries. “While every company that entered this year’s competition has HR programs they should be proud of, the Best Workplace Program recognizes outstanding accomplishment.
“The Best Workplace Program stands out as one of the most stringent HR awards programs available today in any industry with over 300 metrics. The program is an excellent way to give employers instituting innovative yet cost-effective HR programs the recognition they deserve.”
Entries are judged on the following criteria: management practices, work environment, training and development, recognition and rewards, workplace health and safety, health and wellness, financial security, and work-life balance.
A total of 14 companies received the coveted designation Best of the Best, while 19 earned Best Workplace honors.
Best of the Best Category
Small Companies (up to 100 employees)
- Elk Grove Graphics, Elk Grove Village, IL
- Hopkins Printing, Columbus, OH
- Indexx Inc., Greenville, SC
- Newman Printing Co., Bryan, TX
Medium-size Companies (101 employees)
- Communicorp Inc., Columbus, GA
- Disc Graphics, Hauppauge, NY
- Midland Information Resources, Davenport, IA
- Royle Printing, Sun Prairie, WI
- Suttle-Straus, Waunakee, WI
Large Companies/Multi-plants (251+ employees)
- American Packaging, Rochester, NY
- Edwards Brothers, Ann Arbor, MI
- Flower City Printing, Rochester, NY
- SmartPractice, Phoenix
- Weldon, Williams and Lick, Fort Smith, AR
Best Workplace Category