Agfa Graphics to Host Open House at City of Industry, CA, Facility on June 18 and 19
ELMWOOD PARK, NJ—June 12, 2014—Agfa Graphics is hosting an Open House event at its City of Industry facility featuring wide-format inkjet printing engines, media, 3-D printers and more on June 18 and June 19, 2014, from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day. Educational sessions will include information on expanding business into new markets. The event will feature equipment and supplies from Agfa Graphics and many of the industry’s leading manufacturers.
Attendees to the event can learn about exciting new 3-D printing technology from 3D Systems and discover how to grow their current base with new three dimensional services. Demonstrations will include the ProJet 660Pro, the simplest and most efficient large-build, full-color 3D printer in its class. Also being shown is the ProJet 3500HD which delivers increased throughput and output size with finer feature detail and quality. Applications of the technology tailored to education, consumer products, recreation, transportation, energy, healthcare and other vertical markets will be on display.
In addition, the new 126″ Jeti Titan HS (high-speed) flatbed UV-inkjet printer will be presented. Ideal for high-value work like POP viewed at close range or for the high-level art, fashion and cosmetics markets, the Titan HS incorporates the latest generation 1,280-nozzle Ricoh Gen 5 print heads for greater productivity.
The open house will also feature Agfa Graphics’ wide-format media experts who will educate attendees about the company’s expanding Duratex and Graphix brands. New introductions of Duratex Alumaboard, a highly durable aluminum substrate with a rigid polyethylene core for outdoor displays and Duratex Gray Back Film, a non-curl, totally opaque, bright white super smooth film for banner stands and retractables, will be demonstrated.
Guests will also be able to learn more about the following:
- Asanti—the new Agfa Graphics sign and display PDF workflow, is designed for entry-level and mid-sized production companies looking to streamline their productivity, integrate color consistency and fidelity, and enable fully accountable end-to-end quality management.
- Asanti StoreFront—a cloud-based, Web-to-print system that is part of the Asanti Suite, Storefront is an easy-to-use online shopping solution and is designed to help print service providers grow their businesses and explore new markets.
- Anapurna M2540 FB—a 100″-wide dedicated flatbed, this printer features six colors plus white for near photo-quality on a wide variety of indoor, outdoor and uncoated rigid media such as corrugated boards, rigid plastics, plexi-glass, mirrors, exhibition panels, wood, advertising panels and more.
- Epson SureColor S50670 and S70670 solvent printers—the S50670 can print full-color banners up to 980 ft2/hour and offers white ink. The S70670 carries up to 10 colors, including Light Black, Orange, White and a metallic silver and redefines photographic print quality for virtually any signage or fine art application.
- Esko Kongsberg XP Cutting Table and Workflow—a completely new standard for digital cutting tables, the Kongsberg XP provides accurate handling of even the most challenging materials. Its durable construction enables the XP table to provide round-the-clock, full-time production.
The event is being held at Agfa Graphics, 21908 E. Valley Blvd., City of Industry, CA, 91789. Lunch and refreshments will be served. Registration is strongly recommended. Please contact Chandler Sears at 800-526-5441, x844 3573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Agfa-Gevaert Group is one of the world’s leading companies in imaging and information technology. Agfa develops, manufactures and markets analog and digital systems for the printing industry (Agfa Graphics), for the healthcare sector (Agfa Healthcare), and for specific industrial applications (Agfa Materials). Agfa is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium. The company is present in 40 countries and has agents in another 100 countries around the globe. The Agfa-Gevaert Group achieved a turnover of 2,865 million euros in 2013.
About Agfa Graphics
Agfa Graphics offers integrated prepress solutions to the printing industry. These solutions comprise consumables, hardware, software and services for production workflow, project and color management.
Agfa Graphics is a worldwide leader with its computer-to-plate and digital proofing systems for commercial and packaging printing and the newspaper publishing markets.
Agfa Graphics is rapidly developing its position in the new segments of industrial inkjet with comprehensive solutions for various applications such as documents, posters, banners, signage, displays, labels and packaging materials. Its experience in both imaging and emulsion technology has provided the expertise required for developing a complete assortment of high-quality inks.
About Pitman, An Agfa Company
Pitman, An Agfa Co., collaborates with world class manufacturers to provide a diverse offering of the most advanced solutions for the prepress, pressroom, wide format, newspaper, packaging and commercial printing industries.
Pitman reinforces its customer-focused approach by providing the market with an unmatched distribution network, expert specialists, and unparalleled service excellence.
Together, Agfa Graphics and Pitman deliver integrated and complete solutions tailored to the ever-changing needs of the graphic communications industry, enabling businesses to produce powerful messages and be more profitable.