Agfa Graphics to Host Wide-Format Printing Open House in Plano, TX
ELMWOOD PARK, NJ—August 8, 2012—Agfa Graphics will be hosting a free “Wide-Format Open House” event at its Plano, TX, distribution center on Sept. 18-20, 2012, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The company’s technology experts will be on-hand conducting various technology demos on the new :Anapurna M2540 FB, a high-speed flatbed, UV-curable inkjet printer, and Epson’s SureColor S30670, the manufacturer’s next-generation 64˝ solvent printer.
Additionally, attendees can learn about the vast assortment of rigid and flexible media and inks that are used in UV and solvent printing. They’ll be able to ask questions of Agfa’s technology experts and get tips and ideas for new applications they can add to their product portfolio.
“Anyone eager to learn more about wide-format printing and how it can benefit their business should mark their calendars for these free Open House events,” said Deborah Hutcheson, director of marketing, Agfa Graphics, North America. “Wide-format inkjet is a fast-growing segment in the printing industry and is helping many printers differentiate themselves by offering new and exciting products and services to their customers that previously were unattainable for most commercial printers.”
The :Anapurna M2540 FB from Agfa Graphics is a robust, entry-level flatbed UV inkjet printing system, specifically designed for printing on rigid substrates. It incorporates features typically found in high-end engines such as retractable pins, head safety sensors, a durable, robust design and foot pedal operation.
The SureColor S30670 is Epson’s next-generation 64˝ solvent printer. It is the first ever solvent-based printer to use the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, specifically designed for the signage, vehicle graphics and fine art markets.
In addition to the demonstrations of the :Anapurna and Epson printing systems, people can learn about other products and services, including:
- Duratex Product Line - economy, intermediate and premium printable roll substrates.
- Celtec Foamed PVC - digital or screen printable and ideal for various applications in the sign and graphic markets.
- Coroplast Corrugated Plastic - North America’s market share leader and largest manufacturer of corrugated plastic sheet for signs and re-usable packaging.
- Gilman’s Insite - biodegradable foam boards.
- International Laminating Corporation Deco Styrene - digital or screen printable, metallic film that has been applied to .040 Styrene.
- PETG - a thermoplastic polyester that provides excellent toughness, chemical resistance and is easy to thermoform.
Registration is required to attend the Open House event. Please contact Antonia Davenport at 800-526-5441 extension 857-2452 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is being held at the Agfa Graphics Distribution Center located 2601 Resource Dr., Plano, TX, on Tuesday, Sept. 18, Wednesday, Sept. 19, and Thursday, Sept. 20, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.