ABS Graphics is First in Midwest to Install H-UV Technology
ADDISON, IL—March 13, 2012—ABS is proud to announce the recent installation of the new Komori H-UV technology, an advanced UV curing system that enables ABS to expand their capabilities related to special print effects and coating techniques. UV coating is immediately recognizable for its high-gloss, wet-look finish, and dull reticulated finishes. Without a doubt this technique helps to make a visual impact and is becoming highly popular for packaging and print communication materials.
The Printing Industries of America recognized Komori’s H-UV technology with the 2011 InterTech Technology Award. ABS is the first in the Midwest to invest in this advanced technology and we are so pleased to offer our clients and prospective clients another valuable service to help them achieve communication with impact.
In addition to giving clients the option to expand print effects, H-UV technology allows ABS to provide:
- The ability to print on a wider range of substrates from newsprint to coated papers to plastics. It allows for increased vibrancy of color on offset substrates and instant drying of normally tough-to-dry colors such as deep blue solids.
- Shorter job turnaround time for clients and overall pressroom efficiency because H-UV printed items are cured instantly by an in-line process. Since the UV ink dries as the sheet passes under the light on the press, the sheet is ready for the next production step as soon as it comes off the press.
- Lower environmental impact because UV inks do not use solvents and they produce lower emissions (VOC’s) than conventional inks.
- Final products that have greater resistance to smudging and scrapes—more than conventional inks.
- Less warping and shrinking of the final product sheet because less heat is used in the process.
Steven VanderVeen, Principal at ABS Graphics, states, “We are so pleased to be investing in this state-of-the-art pressroom technology. It allows us to diversify our already wide array of value-added services to our clients, while utilizing a system that is more cost-effective and easier to use than traditional UV systems. The results are impressive and will give our clients a new means to achieve outstanding print effects on their graphic communication materials.”
For a close-up look at the unique effects that can be achieved with UV coatings, please contact Kristen Vos at (630) 613-2441 or firstname.lastname@example.org, who will provide you with a brochure produced with H-UV technology.
About UV Inks and UV Ink Technology
UV inks are different than the traditional inks used in printing. They are dual-state substances—solids that remain in a liquid form until exposed to UV light. The ink is applied during the printing process on a press, in the same way as conventional ink.
The Komori H-UV System is an innovative UV curing system that uses a UV lamp developed with Komori “know-how” and high-sensitivity UV ink. With just one lamp mounted in the delivery, this system dries the ink within seconds, allowing for shorter runs and faster make-readies.